Services: Internship Placement
For International Interns
For more than a decade, Creative Consulting & Development Works has served as an incubator for emerging development practitioners by providing them with interesting and valuable internship placements in research, monitoring and evaluation, communications and project management.
Internship placement through the if i could... programme is a specialist service of Creative Consulting & Development Works, enabling committed international graduates to gain significant work experience by interning at South African and Indian non-profit organisations in need of their skills. We place international interns with a wide range of NGOs, and seek to develop long-term relationships with host organisations who can host and benefit from the programme.
We aim to:
Go to if i could...
- Identify skills needs of South African and Indian host organisations
- Market the programme and internship openings internationally
- Effectively match potential international candidates with host organisations
- Serve as a mentor and liaison between host and intern
- Connect the development sector to a network of global development practitioners
- Promote volunteerism and tourism in South Africa and India
For South African Interns
We are currently developing a South African internship placement programme called Ukusebenza. The internships we facilitate are highly customised to ensure that both interns and host organisations benefit from volunteerism.
We aim to:
Go to ukusebenza
- Help build capacity in our development sector so that the potential benefits of interning are optimised
- Provide intern skills and capacity to enable development organisations to deliver their services more effectively and widely
- Provide a learning and mentoring environment for young graduates as part of our social entrepreneurship and youth development initiatives
- Identify skills needs of South African host organisations
- Effectively match potential South African candidates with host organisations