Digital Marketing Manager
Opportunity closing date:
Monday, 19 June, 2017
- Are you committed to social change and making a difference?
- Do you love travel and promoting new travel/work destinations?
- Do you have strong communications, PR, marketing and social media skills and a desire to work with purpose?
If so, we want to hear from you!
More about us :
Creative Consulting & Development Works (CC&DW) is a specialist research, evaluation, communications and internship placement consultancy established in 2003. We have a firm foothold in the development sector, a strong track record and brand identity. We provide innovative solutions to non-profit organisations, government agencies and international donors. We are passionate about human development and work with purpose internationally to strengthen and support a vibrant development sector.
if i could… is our specialist development immersion programme for international students looking for intern and volunteer opportunities in the South African and Indian development sectors. Our interns make a positive difference to non-profits and communities, while gaining vital work experience and college credit to build their careers.
- Proactively identify new marketing and communications opportunities and devise strategies to ensure strong brand identity
- Profile key projects and showcase best practice
- Update and drive Implementation of the CC&DW and if I could… communications strategies
- Implement and co-ordinate the day to day media, marketing and communications needs
- Draft case studies, narratives and articles and build relationships with travel bloggers and journalists
- Produce content and co-ordinate all key communication and marketing channels for CC&DW and if I could… including websites, blogs, newsletters and social media channels with associated SEO monitoring and analytics
- Support to CC&DW and if I could… on design and production of marketing materials
- Collaborate with CC&DW and if I could… teams on new ideas, campaigns and tools and focused marketing strategies
- Ensure that our if I could… destinations (currently New Delhi and Cape Town, but with expansion plans) are optimally marketed
- Liaise with various stakeholders, international universities and partners to market the if I could… programme more extensively and reach out to new audiences
- Contribute to the planning and launching of new destinations for if I could… and attend youth travel conferences and exhibitions
- Contribute to the sales and negotiation process to secure interns through the internship pipeline
- Contribute strategically and creatively to business growth and development
- Relevant post graduate degree in Marketing, Media, PR, Journalism or Communications, or similar
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in this field, especially digital marketing
- Experience with producing content, writing and editing especially for digital platforms (with some report editing)
- Experience with media strategy, planning, liaison and production
- Experience with photo editing, video editing and graphic design
- Experience (or understanding) of working in the development sector, study abroad/volunteer/international education programmes/youth travel market would be an advantage
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Tech savvy, strong digital skills and good SEO monitoring and Google Analytics skills
- Design creativity and ability, with proficiency in Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop
- Proficiency in Final Cut, Powtoon or other video editing platform would be advantageous
- Experienced in WordPress (HTML and CSS would be an advantage)
Values and Attitudes:
- Enthusiasm and commitment to socio-economic development
- Skilled, highly motivated, dynamic self-starter
- Lover of travel, new destinations and a global thinker
- Creative at heart and a keen story-teller
- Strong organisational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritise, multi-task, meet deadlines and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and network on all levels
- Strong drive and desire to build our brands with energy and creativity
This is a full-time, Cape Town- based position. Applicants must be South African citizens (or have a valid work-permit). Salary is market related, commensurate with experience, with bonus package. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Application deadline: 19 June 2017
To apply, please submit your CV, with 3 references, a writing or portfolio sample and a motivation letter sharing why you are ideal for this position to email@example.com